Sunday, April 12, 2015

21 Weeks - Baby Westerholm

I'm really looking forward to this week! Tomorrow is our "20 Week Appointment," even though we're in week 22 already. We have an appointment with the doctor, but will also be getting a sonogram with the sonogram tech. Here's to hoping there's no gender reveal! 

This week I haven't had too many changes, though my crazy dreams have slowed down a bit. I'm sure I'm dreaming each night, but this week I didn't remember them quite as vividly as I have in the past, which has made me feel like I'm sleeping better at night.

One slightly more significant change this week has been in my ankles. They've been swelling. Yes, already. I was shocked to experience that this soon in the pregnancy. I had always thought that was something women often faced later, but apparently I was wrong! 

Yes, I have been trying to sit down more during the day.
Yes, I have been drinking as much water as possible.
And, yes, I have been putting my feet up in the evenings.

I'm going to be sure to mention it to my doctor tomorrow, though I have a feeling she'll ask me questions about the above 3 statements. Out of all those things, the toughest for me is drinking enough water. I'm not trying to be selfish when I say this...I get that this isn't all about me right now, but it's hard for me to do that.

I prefer ice-cold water, and some kind of flavoring - lemon, lime, or even a drink mix. I'm not sure that putting anything in my water will help/hinder things, but I'm going to get it clarified to help myself stay hydrated.

I also plan on going to see my brother-in-law, a chiropractor, as he has advised getting my ankles taped to help. I forget exactly how it will help, but I'm sure he'll explain it to me all over again when I see him!

For now, here's the belly...

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
21 Weeks

Due Date:
August 21, 2015

Next Appointment:
April 13, 2015

Movement:
Yes - often after meals.

Sleep:
Not waking up as frequently; I'm back to good sleep!

What I Miss:
Fitting comfortably in my clothes.
Caffeine

Cravings:
Food in general. I'm back on my kick of wanting to eat constantly.

Symptoms:
Vivid dreams
Swollen ankles

0 comments :

Post a Comment