Confused? 22-23 weeks? So were we!
We had an appointment on Monday, April 13. During our appointment the doctor said, "You're 22 weeks today!" I had always noted that with each appointment, they had me measured 5 days ahead of my due date.
I could tell that one due date, August 17, was based off of dates I had given the doctor and the other, August 21, was based off of measurements given to us during a sonogram. I had always assumed that August 21 was most accurate, but turns out it's not.
Our due date is officially August 17, 2015! (So, I've doubled-up on my picture for this week.)
For starters, after publishing my 21 Weeks post last week, Brandon felt the baby moving for the first time! I could have sworn this child was doing flips inside of me. We even saw my belly move. It was the craziest, most exciting thing!
On Monday, our appointment was pretty eventful! We met with Dr. Kirchner, got our due date straightened out, then spoke about my swollen ankles. Her advice was as expected: drink water and put your feet up. She also recommended compression hose.
Then, we met with the sonogram tech who showed us all sorts of incredible shots of Baby Westerholm! I've included them below with labels.
And, most exciting, and unexpected...a 3D shot!!!
During our sonogram, we also talked about genetic abnormalities. We initially chose not to do any genetic testing because our doctor said our risk was low and detection was possible via sonogram, and we also knew we wouldn't change the outcome of our pregnancy.Courtney, our sonogram tech, was so helpful. She showed us the heart and all its chambers. It was doing its job, therefore eliminating about 70% of possible heart defects (heartbeat: 144). We also saw Baby Westerholm swallowing - could see the tongue and all! - and his/her FULL belly! Courtney checked many other things, including the kidneys, which she said were functioning well.
It was all a good sign that fluids were entering/exiting Baby Westerholm! Yay!
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along:
22-23 Weeks
Due Date:
August 17, 2015
Next Appointment:
April 27, 2015
Due Date:
August 17, 2015
Next Appointment:
April 27, 2015
Movement:
Yes - often after meals. This baby is ACTIVE!
Sleep:
Sleeping well most nights. One night this past week I had really bad back pain, no Tylenol, and was unable to sleep well. It hasn't happened since.
What I Miss:
Fitting comfortably in my clothes.
Caffeine
Caffeine
Cravings:
Food in general. I'm back on my kick of wanting to eat constantly.
Symptoms:
Swollen ankles
Back Pain
Back Pain

0 comments :
Post a Comment