Friday, September 4, 2015

1 Month Old - Boone

You should have seen the circus that occurred while Brandon and I tried to get a picture of Boone for his one month birthday! My goodness it was exhausting! 

We finally settled with the most telling of them all...


Weight: 
7 lbs (8/11/15)
7 lbs 5 oz (8/18/15) - 20th percentile

Length:
19.5 inches - 8th percentile

Likes/Dislikes:
- I like being outside.
- I like being in the wrap on my mommy.

Milestones and Memories:
- I snort when I cry.
- I had my first chiropractic adjustment at 3 days old to help with my latch when nursing.
- I took my first bottle at 2 1/2 weeks old so my mommy could go to Meet the Teacher.
- For about 2 weeks, I was fussy in the evenings around 6:30-8:30 about 4 days out of the week. 
(We've discussed colic, but we're unsure. Some say yes, some say no.)

Sleep Habits:
Sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time and wakes up for night feedings.

It has been so much fun, and definitely exhausting, to get to know our boy. We're your typical first time parents: we take his temperature multiple times a day and question every.single.thing.we.do. We often find ourselves telling Boone, "We have no idea what we're doing!" 

I knew I was experienced with babies before I had Boone, but when it's your own, it's entirely different. I worry about things that I never worried about holding anyone else's children. Like we said, "They're letting us leave the hospital with him? No test? No nurse? No anything? We've got to keep him alive?" It's a little scary venturing out on your own, but we've done it!

Happy 1 month, Boone! 


0 comments :

Post a Comment