Monday, July 6, 2015

34 Weeks - Baby Westerholm

Week 35 is going to fly by this week! I have a lot going on - Vacation Bible School, shopping/lunch/movies with my mom and a friend, hair appointment, maternity pictures, and preparing for my first baby shower this weekend. I've said this quite often lately, but right about this time, I'm really grateful for the timing of my pregnancy...I don't have to balance working all while being 8+ months pregnant. Yay! 

Fortunately, I've continued to feel good for the most part. I'm still hot, but it's July, and summer hasn't been as brutal as previous summers, thank goodness! 

I've really noticed swelling in my face; it's not a lot, just puffiness, and I finally had someone else admit that they saw it, too. I've been telling Brandon for weeks that my face is fat, but for some reason I can't get him to say, "Yep, sure is!" :)


Since Friday my ankles have been swelling again and I'm proud to admit that this weekend I consumed SO MUCH water I thought I was going to drown. Well, that may be a bit dramatic, but I've admitted in the past that I'm not much of a water drinker. With all the time we spent outside and running around this weekend though, I knew I needed to up my consumption. 

My shoes aren't fitting the same and I can't get my wedding ring on any more. My grandma insists that my fingers don't look swollen, but I've had to remind her that I have tiny hands. My size 4 1/4 (yes four and a quarter) wedding ring no longer fits, and I bought a fake band for now that's a size 6. Basically, I have normal-sized fingers for the time being - or permanently, who knows!

I've been checking my blood pressure regularly just to keep an eye on it and it's been normal, only slightly above normal (but nothing alarming) twice.

Bring on Week 35! I can't wait to share my maternity pictures with you all!  

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along:
34 Weeks

Due Date:
August 17, 2015

Next Appointment:
July 15, 2015

Movement:
Yes, often. This baby is ACTIVE and running out of room quickly!

Sleep:
I've really had a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I'm uncomfortable, hot, and wide awake at the most inconvenient times. The couch has become my new best friend.

What I Miss:
Fitting comfortably in my clothes
Sleeping well at night
Caffeine

Cravings:
Something cold because I'm HOT. Always.

Symptoms:
Hot (temperature-wise, unfortunately)
Swollen ankles/feet
Puffiness in my face

0 comments :

Post a Comment