Wednesday, July 1, 2015

33 Weeks - Baby Westerholm

The countdown continues! We have 7 weeks (or less!) to go.

During our sonogram, Baby Westerholm was playing a really cute game of peek-a-boo. Baby Westerholm's hands kept going in front of his/her eyes and then they would move after awhile. So cute!
That's the face I can't WAIT to see! I'm so curious who this baby will look like and to find out if we're the proud parents of a sweet little girl or sweet little boy. Gender talk is getting serious with our family and I think the suspense is killing everyone else more than it is killing us! It's been really fun to hear what people think we're having though!

Our doctor is so excited that we're not finding out the gender and told us more than once at our appointment, "I'm so excited to see this baby!!!"
 A few quick updates for now....

*Baby Westerholm is weighing in at 4 lbs 8 oz right now. Does that seem huge to you? It did to me, so I immediately piped up and asked if I was going to need to prepare myself to deliver a big baby. Both the doctor and sonogram tech said no. I plan on asking this every time I visit from here on out! Ha!

*There don't appear to be any major birth defects at this point. Remember we opted not to have genetic testing done, so there could be some undetectable defects, but it's unlikely. All of the major organs appear to be functioning - baby swallows, has a full tummy, & has a full bladder - good signs that things are working the way they should.

*Induction talk isn't off the table, but has been delayed until we see where my body is starting at Week 35. From that point forward, I will go in weekly to be measured.

*If we induce, it will not be before Week 39 (August 10), unless medically necessary. The decision to voluntarily be induced will be made by Brandon, our doctor, and me. My doctor will not allow me to go past Week 41. She is also planning to be off on Week 41.

*Baby is starting to turn downward. These hits to my lungs that make me have to stand or sit up straight have definitely been caused by tiny feet kicking me. I've never been so happy to be kicked in my life!

*We have Maternity Portraits scheduled for July 9. I hope these turn out! I can't wait to document this part of our lives with some pretty pictures!

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along:
33 Weeks

Due Date:
August 17, 2015

Next Appointment:
July 15, 2015

Movement:
Yes, often. This baby is ACTIVE and running out of room quickly!

Sleep:
I've really had a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I'm uncomfortable, hot, and wide awake at the most inconvenient times.

What I Miss:
Fitting comfortably in my clothes
Sleeping well at night
Caffeine

Cravings:
Sprite, or anything other than water.
Something cold because I'm HOT. Always.

Symptoms:
Hot (temperature-wise, unfortunately)

0 comments :

Post a Comment