I am running so late with last week's post that I'm combining it with next week's post. It's just been one of those weeks! Before I lose all together, I'm going to throw in the towel on two posts and try to pull it off with just one.
This week I finished all of my thank you notes for Baby Shower #1 so that I am ready to go for Baby Shower #2, I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law, and spent Friday and Saturday evenings celebrating my youngest sister's birthday.
Did I also mention that my long-term substitute for my classroom took a full-time position?! It's been a busy week! :) I'm actually taking that news pretty well. I would have expected myself to freak out.
I cried for a little while and tried to explain to Brandon through tears why it couldn't be just anyone in my classroom, but then I decided that there was nothing I could do to change it and reminded myself what's most important right now...Baby Westerholm! I love, love, love my [school] kids, but my baby and the size of my ankles - still swollen - have to be my priority right now!
As far as everything else goes, I feel like I've officially entered that not-so-glamorous phase of pregnancy. So not exciting, or comfortable! I just have to keep whispering to myself, "4 weeks...or less...4 weeks...or less!"
I also remind myself frequently that it could be so much worse! I have truly been blessed with an easy pregnancy; please pray for an equally as easy delivery!
I have started to get weekly doctor's appointments at this point, so we go again on Wednesday. Yay! I was disappointed last time when we realized that Dr. Kirchner doesn't start checking to see if I've dilated until Week 37. I'm just going to chalk that up to pregnancy brain...I have no idea why I thought it was Week 35, but I did!
Have I mentioned that I can't wait to find out the gender of this baby?! This weekend I also worked on tidying up the nursery and I've spent many moments in my glider gazing around the room trying to imagine the little person that's about to take over our entire world. I really can't wait any more, but I will! I'm just ready!!!
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along:
35-36 Weeks
Due Date:
August 17, 2015
Next Appointment:
July 22, 2015
Due Date:
August 17, 2015
Next Appointment:
July 22, 2015
Movement:
Yes, often. This baby is ACTIVE and running out of room quickly!
Sleep:
I've really had a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I'm uncomfortable, hot, and wide awake at the most inconvenient times.
What I Miss:
Fitting comfortably in my clothes and shoes
Sleeping well at night
Caffeine
Sleeping well at night
Caffeine
Cravings:
Something cold because I'm HOT. Always.
Symptoms:
Hot (temperature-wise, unfortunately)
Swollen ankles/feet
Puffiness in my face
Swollen ankles/feet
Puffiness in my face

0 comments :
Post a Comment