Thursday, February 4, 2016

6 Months - Boone

Boone really is the happiest baby and for that we're so grateful! He is already halfway through his first YEAR! How on earth did this happen?!?!

He is a little chunk and loves to eat! He sits up completely on his own now and he is pretty proud of that. He's also able to keep himself entertained a bit longer since he's sitting up. When we get home in the evenings, he usually plays in his jumper or on the carpet with toys while mommy and daddy sterilize bottles, wash dishes, and make dinner. 

While our boy is certainly a happy one, he absolutely knows what he wants and when he wants it and he's not afraid to let you know it! I have to remind myself that being headstrong can be a good thing!

We continue to try to broaden our horizons by getting ourselves out more often. Being first time parents, we really became hermit crabs after August 4. Granted, Boone was pretty fussy as a newborn, which made going out in public a little more difficult, but as time has gone on he's outgrown that stage and does really well in a variety of settings.

We go to church weekly, bravely go to restaurants dangerously close to bedtime, and more, and we're all still alive! That's kind of a big deal for us!


Weight: 
18 lbs 6 ozs - 64th percentile

Length:
25.5 inches - 5th percentile

Likes/Dislikes:
- I like being outside.
- I like being in the wrap on my mommy.
- Now that I can sit up on my own, I don't care to be in the bouncer.
- I L-O-V-E my jumper!
- I like eating. I dislike waiting to eat. Food is really important to me!
- I dislike being on my stomach for long periods of time.

Milestones and Memories:
- I'm wearing size 4 diapers.
- I'm eating solids. I've enjoyed fruits and vegetables. Cereal was my first solid, but bananas were my first pureed food.
- I am a champ at sitting up on my own now!
- No teeth yet.
- Mommy takes me to Uncle Nic for weekly chiropractic adjustments.

Eating Habits:
Eats 6 ounces every 3-4 hours when bottlefed.
Nurses mornings, evenings, and weekends.

Sleep Habits:
Sleeps through the night most nights on his tummy and in footie PJs.

0 comments :

Post a Comment